The Society’s mission is threefold
Welcome to the new sol-gel revolution…
Todays ever increasing demand for multifunctional materials requires stronger multidisciplinary approach to materials manufacturing as well as the merging of tradional scientific disciplines (chemistry, physic, biology,…) into new cross-boundaries technologies. Moreover, these novel technologies have to offer enough flexibility to bridge the gap between polymers, ceramics or metals, between organic and inorganic materials, or more widely between the mineral and biological world.
Sol-gel technology has emerged as a serious candidate to solve these modern technical challenges. Its chemical nature allows for infinite functionalization of the precursors and thus facilitating development of new composites and hybrid materials. The low processing temperature of sol-gel technology combined with the intrinsic bio-compatibility and environment friendliness of ceramics makes sol-gel technology an ideal candidate for the fabrication of bio-active materials. In addition, the ability of sol-gel technology to manipulate the structure of materials at the molecular level as well as its ability to precisely control the nature of interfaces makes it a method of choice for the processing of nano-materials and nano-engineering of interfaces.
Since the pioneering work in the 1970’s, sol-gel technology has evolved considerably and founds its way in a wide range of practical applications from catalyst support, to thermal insulation, from solar cells to oxygen food sensors or sunscreen formulations. This increasing success of sol-gel technology at solving technological challenges as well as the variety of its field of applications has called for a federative action. Responding to this demand of the sol-gel community, the International Sol Gel Society was created in August 2003.
– To bring together researchers from different fields and geographical regions through the organization of conferences, the publication and circulation of technical papers,
– To coordinate the promotion of sol-gel science and technology in the scientific and industrial community,
– To encourage education, training and research in the field of sol-gel science and technology.
To achieve these goals the society needs the critical support of industrial partners.
We hope that you will join us in this exciting new adventure, the development of what is one of the most promising technology of the 21st century.
Become a sponsor and support an ISGS event
You can choose to sponsor an event through a poster price for students, travel grants, coffee break, cocktail, provision of material (bags…)
Partnering with ISGS through sponsorship gives you in particular the following benefits:
– 1 full registration including welcome reception and banquet,
– a unique opportunity of exposure through the website and ISGS publications (in the special issue of JSST dedicated to the sol-gel conference),
– your company’s logo with link to your website on the page dedicated to the corresponding event,
– exposure through a “Sponsor page dedicated to the event” of the company’s profile, products and services,
– ISGS is a non profit organization and therefore the sponsorship is tax exempt.
Contract for sponsor related to the next ISGS event will be downlable here.
You are invited to contact the Board of ISGS if you whish to define others terms of the sponsorship (benefits and fees).