Lifetime achievement award lecture was given by Prof. Clement Sanchez, a pioneering researcher of organic-inorganic nano materials. He presented history of hybrid materials. It was presented that, in addition to chemical diversity, physical ones including pore size and shapes, morphologies’ are also important measure of the properties of the resultant materials.
Industrial session was continuously held in the morning of the 4th day of the conference. The importance of fundamental knowledge for the practical application was clearly evidenced by 3 invited and 4 oral presentations. The versatility of the sol-gel processing plays an important role in the industrialization of the materials and devices in variety of application field from solar harvesting to fire extinguishments.
In addition to high scientific level, all the participants appreciated warm and kind hospitality of the organizers. The conference in Kyoto is a totally successful and enjoyable opportunity for the sol-gel researchers as usual.
Visit the Conference website with the photogallery of the event
This year again, the ISGS awarded several Prizes in recognition of interesting, creative and quality works:
– Life Achievement Award: Prof. Clement Sanchez
– Ulrich Award: Dr. Go Kawamura
– Best poster Awardee: Chrystel Ambard
– 3 excellent poster awardees: Davide Carboni, Takaaki Hara, Kenji Okada
– 2 travel grants: Olga L. Galkina, Diego Ariel Onna
ISGS Sponsors during Sol-Gel 2015
The following Companies take part, through the sponsoring, in the achievement of the XVII edition of International Sol-Gel Conference and contribute to its success!
– Research Foundation for the Electrotechnology of Chubu (REFEC)
– Inoue Foundation for Science
– Nippon Sheet Glass Foundation for Materials Science and Engineering
– The Murata Science Foundation
– Kyoto Convention & Visitors Bureau (“Subsidy for Holding Medium-Scale MICE Events” and “Kyoto Culture for Meetings & Events Subsidy”)