ISGS Renata Reisfeld PhD Student Fellowship for Women in Sol-Gel Science and Technology
The ISGS Renata Reisfeld PhD Student Fellowship for Women (hereafter referred to as the Fellowship) is dedicated to women who are currently undertaking their PhD in the field of Sol-Gel Science and Technology. This Fellowship celebrates the life and career of one of the sol-gel pioneers, Professor Renata Reisfeld. The recipient of the Fellowship shall be a woman of good scientific reputation, who at the moment of her application, has finished the first year of her PhD studies, but should still have at least one more year until the defense of her PhD thesis. The recipient shall prove qualified for the Fellowship through promising or outstanding contributions to sol-gel science and technology.
There will be ONLY one ISGS Renata Reisfeld PhD Student Fellowship for Women awarded each calendar year.
- The candidate, at the moment of application, should be a woman currently undertaking her PhD who has progressed beyond the first year of her studies, with at least one more year remaining before her PhD defense.
- The candidate shall be undertaking her PhD in the field of Sol-Gel Science and Technology.
- Candidates for the Fellowship shall be nominated by their PhD advisor. The nomination form will be available online and attached to the regular ISGS email blasts or newsletters.
- The nomination form shall be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from the nominator (PhD advisor).
- A PhD advisor can nominate only one candidate for each round of applications.
- A second letter of recommendation should be provided by a professor/ researcher (who holds a PhD) familiar with the candidate’s work.
- The candidate shall provide the selection committee with 3 pages of supporting information (short PhD thesis proposal) about the research being undertaken for her PhD. This shall include objectives, preliminary results and possible outcomes. These should address the novelty, intellectual merit and broader impact of the research.
- The candidate should provide proof of her PhD status from her graduate school/ University.
- The candidate’s application package shall be submitted by her PhD advisor.
- There will be only one Fellowship recipient per year. • Applications will be accepted between November 1 st and December 31 st every year.
- The ISGS Board of Directors shall assemble a committee to rank all applications received by the deadline and to recommend the winner of the Fellowship to the Board.
- The winner shall be announced no later than April 30 th every year.
- The Fellowship recipient will receive a diploma signed by the President of the ISGS, a cheque in the value of $US 2,000 and complimentary ISGS membership until the defense of her thesis.
- The ISGS Board of Directors shall be responsible for all aspects of the selection process and announcement of the successful candidate.
- Women from Least Developed Countries are strongly encouraged to apply.