Invitation to organize Sol-Gel 2017, the 19th International Sol-Gel Conference
The International Sol-Gel Society is soliciting for applicants to host the 19th biennial international conference in Sol-Gel Science and Technology to be held in 2017. The deadline for submitting applications has been extended until June 6th, 2014.
The Sol-Gel Conference is an international gathering of the Sol-Gel Community which takes place in summer every two years. The Sol-Gel Conference is organized jointly by the ISGS (represented by the Board) and by a Local Organizing Committee (LOC). The LOC is selected with the contribution of a dedicated Selection Committee.
Why apply ?
Here are several reasons why applying for hosting the 19th edition of International Sol-Gel Conference in 2017:
– This recognized international event gathers the increasingly interdisciplinary research on Sol-Gel materials and appears as the most prominent and influential meeting in the worldwide community of sol-gel science and technology.
– This conference brings together between 500 and 600 participants.
– Host an International Conference is a great opportunity for your group.
– This is a way to take the challenge
– This is a way to promote the work of your group
– This is an opportunity to increase the visibility of your group and work in the community
– Previous organizers cite this feedback as the most significant benefit
– Several benefits can come with this event
– The ISGS assists organizing and scientific committees
The Selection Committee
Michel Aegerter, Switzerland
Byeong-Soo Bae, Korea
John Bartlett, Australia
Bruno Boury, France
Massimo Guglielmi (Chairman), Italy
David Levy, Spain
Sidney Ribeiro, Brasil
- Contact: please direct enquiries to the chairman of the Selection Committee, Prof. Massimo Guglielmi, email@example.com
° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °
Previous International Sol-Gel Conferences around the world
1981 – Padova, Italy
1983 – Wurtzburg, Germany
1985 – Montpellier, France
1987 – Kyoto, Japan
1989 – Rio de Janeiro
1991 – Sevilla, Spain
1993 – Paris, France
1995 – Faro, Portugal
1997 – Sheffield, UK
1999 – Yokohama, Japan
2001 – Padova, Italy
2003 – Sydney, Australia
2005 – Los Angeles, USA
2007 – Montpellier, France
2009 – Porto de Galinhas, Brazil
2011 – Hangzhou, China
2013 – Madrid, Spain
|Next conference location: 2015 – Kyoto, Japan|