2009 International Sol-Gel Conference & ISGS One-day Workshop
The ISGS board would like to warmly thank Prof. Sidney J.L. Ribeiro and Prof. Luis D. Carlos for the organization of the XVth International Sol-Gel Conference in Porto de Galinhas, Pernambuco State, Brazil from 23 to 27 August 2009.
2009 International Sol-Gel Conference
This biennial International Sol-Gel Conference which focuses on both fundamentals and applications of sol-gel science is a stimulating and exciting forum for scientists from academia and industries to present and share their ideas in the sol-gel field. A great success by the number of participants, a high quality program, productive exchanges, a warm atmosphere in an outstanding setting ,… this is how we can summarize the XVth edition.
Sol-Gel2009 in figures
– 310 Participants
– 26 Countries
– 1 Keynote Opening Lecture
– 3 Plenary Lectures
– 24 Invited Lectures
– 72 Oral Presentations in parallel sessions
– 2 Poster Sessions
Main Topics: Sol-Gel precursor chemistry; Non-conventional routes for sol-gel materials; Structured sol-gel materials; Nanoparticule-based systems; Characterisation techniques for sol-gel materials; Functional materials; Optical properties; Multifunctional coatings.
Download the Conference program
ISGS One-day Workshop
Introduction to Hybrid Materials
Fundamentals and Applications
download the flyer
- Introduction on hybrid materials: the various type of hybrids and the areas of applications – Clement Sanchez, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
- Silicon precursor for hybrid materials (from MTMS to POSS chemistry) – Michel Wong Chi Man, Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Chimie de Montpellier, France
- Non silicate chemistry for hybrid materials – Guido Kickelbick, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- Hybrid materials for electronics and optoelectronics – Masahide Takahashi, Kyoto University, Japan
- Protective and hard coatings on plastics – Jörg Pütz, Carl Zeiss Vision GmbH, Aalen, Germany
- Hybrids for biological and medical applications – Chris Barbé, Ceramisphere Pty Ltd, Menai, Australia
The two recipents of the Ulrich Awards 2009
Dr Paulo Falcaro and Dr Robert Kreiter.
photo from N.Clark
Best poster Awards
list of awardees
Conference organized with the support of: