The website of the Conference:
- This year, the ISGS will introduce an exciting new Industrial Session at the conference: Industrialization of Sol-Gel Science and Technology and Innovative Applications – read more
- The ISGS will organize a Party on Sunday August 25th – read more
- A scientific program has been published on the Conference website.
- 500 attendees have already registered to the Conference!
- During this new edition of the International Sol-Gel Conference, Sol-Gel 2013 in Madrid, the ISGS will award several Prizes in recognition of interesting, creative and quality works – read more
Prof. David Avnir, distinguished recipient of the Life Achievement Award – 2013
Dr. Yusuke Daiko has been awarded for the high quality of his very active work in the central field of sol-gel
- The ISGS offers travel grants to facilitate students participation to the Sol-Gel 2013 Conference in Madrid.
The awardees for ISGS Travel Grant have been selected:
Carmen Carrasquilla from McMaster University, Hamilton in Canada will present her work on “Inkjet Printing of Sol-Gel Entrapped Aptamer Bioinks for Paper-Based Sensor Development”
Christiane Müller from University of Applied Sciences Bielefeld and Technical University Freiberg in Germany, will present her work on “Synthesis of transparent aminosilane-derived silica based networks for immobilization of sensitive materials” and also on “Immobilization of light‐harvesting complexes with a novel sol‐gel synthesis method”
Congratulations to both of them!
- A special edition of the Newsletter dedicated to the various actions implemented by the ISGS during Sol-Gel 2013, Awards, Travel Grants, Industrial session, ISGS “come together” Party.
The XVII International Sol-Gel Conference
The recognized biannual Sol-Gel Meetings gather the increasingly interdisciplinary research on Sol-Gel materials worldwide. The Local Organizing Committee (LOC), together with the International Sol-Gel Society (ISGS) and the International Advisory Board (IAB) is elaborating an exciting program for the SG2013 Conference, featuring the leading-edge research and progress in the field of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, with an appropriate mix of well-established and recently developed topics. SG2013 intends to contribute not only from the point of view of scientific research but also from the point of view of industrial needs and developments.
The Local Organizing Committee and the ISGS
The agreement for Sol-Gel 2013 was signed on 24 January 2012 in Madrid.
Massimo Guglielmi, member of the ISGS Board, met both event organizers, David Levy and Marcos Zayat, at the Instituto de Ciencia de Materiales de Madrid (ICMM), Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas.
The agreement, signed by Dr. Federico Soria Gallego, Director of the ICMM, and by Prof. Guglielmi, contains all the organization details that are necessary to guarantee a successful conference from both scientific and social perspectives.
David Levy, Marcos Zayat and the ISGS board are very much looking forward to welcoming all of you in Madrid in 2013.