Sol-gel synthesis and research of inorganic compounds, hybrid functional materials and disperse systems
«Sol-gel 2018» August 27-31, 2018
Grebenschikov Institute of Silicate Chemistry of Russian Academy of Sciences – the leading research centre of Inorganic Chemistry in the North West of Russia is holding the Fifth Anniversary International Conference of CIS countries “Sol-gel 2018”. The researchers, engineers, technologists, teachers, under graduate and graduate students whose scientific and working career is associated with sol-gel technology are welcome.
The date and location of the conference
August 27-31, 2018
Institute of Silicate Chemistry of Russian Academy of Sciences 199034, Makarova naberezhnaya 2, Saint-Petersburg
Sessions of the Conference
- Theoretical aspects of sol-gel process – chairman: Prof. A.V. Agafonov (ISC RAS, Ivanovo)
- Sol-gel synthesis and research of nanoparticles – chairman: Prof. V.V. Kozik (NR TSU, Tomsk)
- Sol-gel films, coatings and memebranes – chairman: Prof. O.A. Shilova (ISC RAS, Saint-Petersburg)
- Hybrid inorganic and organic-inorganic sol-gel materials – chairman: Corr. Member RAS Yu.A. Schipunov (IC FEB RAS, Vladivostok)
- Xerogels, glass and bulk ceramic materials synthesized by sol-gel method – chairman: Prof. E.P. Simonenko (IGIC RAS, Moscow)
- Sol-gel materials for environmental protection, agriculture and biomedicine applications – chairman: Prof. V.G. Kessler (Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala)
- Applications of sol-gel science and technology – chairman: Ph.D. V.V. Vinogradov (ITMO University, Saint-Petersburg)
The program involves
- The school of young scientists, the leading specialists of sol-gel technology will give lectures.
- The contest of posters among young scientists of under 35 years old (undergraduate and graduate students, young specialists in sol-gel synthesis of inorganic, hybrid inorganic and disperse systems).
October, 15 2017 – preliminary registration deadline
January, 15 2018 – abstract submission deadline
February 2018 – information on the conference abstract acceptance
August, 27-31 2018 – Conference «Sol-gel 2018»
The forms, registration rules and Abstracts submission are available on the Conference website www.sol-gel2018.ru
The amount of the charge is optional.
– Standard fee – the participant’s portfolio, welcome dinner, coffee breaks;
– Extended fee – the participant’s portfolio, welcome dinner, coffee breaks and 1 or 2 sightseeing tours;
– Full fee – the participant’s portfolio, welcome dinner, coffee breaks, 2 sightseeing tours and the banquet at a restaurant on the bank of the Gulf of Finland.
– Correspondence fee.
The sums of the fees will be specified in the 2nd information announcement. The cultural program of the conference involves visiting the Tsarskoye Selo with a focus on sightseeing Catherine Palace and the Amber Room as well as a boat trip along rivers and channels of Saint-Petersburg.
Information about the event is available on the Conference website:
The Organizing Committee is available by E-mail:
or by phone:
+7 (812) 325-21-13